My hard work and expertise have led to being recognized by numerous journalistic organizations, including the Associated Press, the Livingston Awards and Folio Magazine. Here's a sampling of the accolades I've received:
- 2014 Award of Excellence for Print, Nondaily from the Atlanta Press Club, for "Foul Territory" in Atlanta Magazine
- Folio Eddie and Ozzie Awards, Bronze in Business/Finance category, for “Double Your Salary” in Pink Magazine
- Livingston Award finalist, for "Do you believe in second chances?" the story of an ex-con's fight for a new life.
- Georgia Press Association, First Place, Feature Writing, for "Do you believe in second chances?"
- Georgia Associated Press Association, Third Place, Feature Writing, for “Do you believe in second chances?”
- Georgia Press Association, First Place, Feature Writing, for "Finding her way in the dark," the story of one woman's struggle to cope with impending blindness.
- National Institute for Health Care Management Foundation, award finalist, for "Finding her way in the dark."
- Society of American Business Editors and Writers Small Business Reporting Conference, selected to speak on a panel of the country's "leading small business writers."
- Dean Gysel Writing Award, given to the best writer under 35 at the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, determined by judges outside of Gannett.
- New York State Associated Press Association, Second Place, Business/Finance, for "Seeking Air Fare Relief," an examination of the high price of flying.